Random Act of Kindness Day
More than ever before this is such an important day. We are all feeling overwhelm, anxiety, frustration and just out of sorts with now being in lockdown number 3. So let’s all spread a little bit of kindness every day.
“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” (Mark Twain)
Studies have shown that when we show generosity to others, our bodies actually release various hormones such as serotonin, oxytocin and endorphins. These can improve our overall health and wellbeing. Oxytocin has shown to help lower blood pressure and increase feelings of optimism. Serotonin makes us happier and calmer.
So kindness just keeps giving!
Kindness has so many benefits. We feel better about ourselves which in turn helps with our mental wellbeing. It helps to put things into perspective. Your problems may not seem so big.
Here are some random acts of kindness ideas for you today:
- Put a few items into the local foodbank trolley when you do your shop.
- Smile and compliment a stranger. (I actually commented on a lady’s beautifully coloured scarf last week and she was so chuffed. You never can underestimate just how much a little comment can be to someone else).
- Comment on a social media post when someone is announcing an achievement. It may seem small to you but to them it is a big achievement and will make them happy to see your comment.
- Knock on a neighbours door, especially if they are elderly (be socially distanced of course) and ask how they are doing, do they need any shopping etc.
- Oder a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to a hospital, hospice or nursing home. Ask for them to be delivered to the front desk with a note asking the receptionist to decide who would benefit most from them. Could be an elderly patient with no family visitors or someone just down on their luck.
- Pick up litter.
- Call a friend that you haven’t spoken to for a while.
- Tell your family members how much you love and appreciate them.
- Have a conversation with a homeless person
- Let someone jump the queue at the supermarket
- Talk to the shop assistant and really be engaged and interested.
- Donate to a charity.
What will be your #RandomActsOfKindnessDay ?